January 27, 2007

Looking for sperm on Craigslist

A lady recently advertised on Craigslist in Austin, Texas, looking for a sperm donor. This is a part of what she said:

Attention Austin gentlemen! My name is “Katherine” and I am a 38 year old single woman. I have been on a 15 year search of a husband to no avail. I was eager to marry so I could start a family; however, have recently set the search of marriage aside for a greater one, the one of becoming a mother.

Where you fit in: Two words: Baby lust. I desperately want to have a biological child. Therefore, I am in search of a sperm donor...the old fashioned way! I am willing to pay you $2000 for the first time encounter, and $500 for each additional encounter, in the event the previous one(s) did not take. This encounter would be dependent on my monthly ovulation cycle.

(click here to read the full post on a bioethics blog).

Well, what can I say. Anything is for sale these days.

No comments: